TRANSITION YOURSELF JOB COURSE
Need Help Writing the Next Chapter?
Register by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or call, 385-3181 or 385-5468
Course Dates & Location
November 1st, 2012 4 p.m.—5:30 p.m.
November 8th, 2012 4 p.m.—5:30 p.m.
November 15th, 2012 4 p.m.—5:30 p.m.
Port Townsend Library Learning Center
1256 Lawrence Street
The class focus will be on understanding the changed nature of the current job market. This includes the following:
- Skills analysis to know who you are, what you want out of life
- What you have to offer, and how to go about getting it
- Beginning your job search with the end in mind
- How to go about training for a job you'd like to do
- Targeting the cover letter and resume' to emphasize specialized experience
- Using a team effort to gain support for your individual outreach effort via networking
- Using library career center resources for reference and research information
- Negotiating with prospective employers when you land the interview